Ease The Soul


Art is imperative, not just art but creativity over all. Growing up arts played a great roll in my life whether it was music, dance, or craft. Every summer I spent my week days at The Big Apple Games program for all youths. There we drew, painted, collect lanyards ( Every girl had lanyards -- Cobra, Chinese Staircase, Box, twisted box), sewing, Crocheted, engraved wood and more.

A couple of months ago I watched a TED talk video of Ken Robinson on education and creativity. He mentioned something that has been a buzzing bee behind my ear, he said "all children are born an artist". I'll tell the truth I hated school as a child, what child didn't? But the day I had music or dance I was up bright and early and ready to go to school, I didn't care about any other subject. As I look on the educational system today I feel that they try to place children into categories to who society wants them to be. Everyone knows that question you get as a kid from an adult; Who do you what to be when you grow up?" The answer was always a doctor, lawyer, or teacher. He also said "If your not prepared to be wrong then you will never come up with anything original". Life is all about taking a chance at something you love to do with your inner child. 


No comments